PPI CHECKLIST – HAVE I BEEN MIS-SOLD PPI?
PPI CHECKLIST – HAVE I BEEN MIS-SOLD?
If you are still considering whether or not to make a PPI claim, read through our checklist below. If you can answer ‘no’ to one or more of these then you may have been mis-sold Payment Protection Insurance (PPI). We can reclaim your premiums plus compensation and we have a success rate of over 99%. Our average payout is £1,900 PER ACCOUNT with some of our biggest wins being over £50,000.
- Was it made clear to you that PPI was optional?
- Were you told about any significant exclusions, for example were you told that pre-existing medical conditions would not be covered?
- Were you made aware that more than 50% of the insurance premiums you paid was purely commission for the person or bank selling you the policy?
- When you were sold a loan was it made clear to you that you were being sold a 2nd loan to pay for all of the insurance upfront?
- Were you told that the premiums would be added on top of your debt and you would have to pay extra interest?
- Did the insurance cover the full term of the debt, for example if you had a 7 year loan the PPI may only have covered you for the first 5 years?
- Were you “strongly advised”, either by a sale person or by the wording in the paperwork that you should take PPI? If you were strongly advised, were you taken through what is known as a “demands and needs statement” to make sure that you actually needed and wanted the PPI?
- Were you told that the PPI on your credit card could actually cause you to go over your agreed credit limit resulting in you have to pay additional fees and charges?
- Were you told that instead of paying for the insurance you could have paid more to you debt, meaning you could have repaid it earlier and paid much less interest?
If you have answered ‘no’ to any of the points above you may have been mis-sold PPI. Any claims for compensation needs to be started as soon as possible. A deadline has now been announced. You need to start your claim before 29 August 2019, in some cases you will need to start your claim much sooner if your bank has written to you to say that you had a PPI policy.
PPI Claims Scotland have a fantastic success rate, we win well over 99% of cases where PPI was sold. In February 2017 we reached over £1,000,000 in compensation for our clients.
To start your claim on a no-win no-fee basis simply register your details using our online form or call us on 0333 577 1107 and we will handle your PPI claim. We also offer home visits around Glasgow.